Secure Online Shopping With Gardoo
Shop with confidence with Gardoo
At Gardoo, security of our customers' information is one of our primary concerns. When we ourselves shop online, we expect the highest level of service and security and that's exactly what we promise to deliver to you.
When you shop with Gardoo, you can be safe in the knowledge that:
- Gardoo does not share any information about its customers with anyone else
- Gardoo keeps up to date with and employs the latest security and fraud prevention initiatives and systems, including Verified by Visa and 3D Secure, to prevent fraud and to ensure customer payment details are processed in the most secure way possible
For more information on Verified by Visa and 3D Secure, please see below.
About Verified by Visa
Verified by Visa gives you extra protection and peace of mind when you’re shopping online.
Once you've signed up, you'll be protected whenever you make an online payment with your Visa card at any web site across Europe.
- First you'll see a personal message – a message that you provided when you signed up for Verified byVisa and that only you and your bank know about. This shows that the security screen you're seeing is genuine.
- Then you'll be asked to enter your Verified by Visa password.
Depending on your bank, the Verified by Visa security screen will look similar to this:
Verified by Visa not only protects your card against unauthorised use, it also means you can have confidence that the online retailer you're buying from has made your security a priority.
Verified by Visa is provided by Visa, the world's most trusted electronic payment system.
About 3D Secure
The 3D Secure authentication is an additional fraud prevention scheme companies can employ to allow shoppers to create and assign a password to their card that is then verified whenever a transaction is processed through that company's website. The addition of password protection allows extra security on transactions that are processed online.
3D Secure stands for 3 Domain Server, there are 3 parties that are involved in the 3D Secure process :
- The company the purchase is being made from
- The Acquiring Bank (the bank of the company)
- Visa and MasterCard (the card issuers themselves)
The scheme is a collective of Verified by Visa (VBV) and MasterCard Secure Code (MSC). It is the most recent fraud prevention initiative that is available at the moment.
3D Secure is also the only fraud prevention scheme that is available that offers companies liability cover for transactions that are verified by the checks. This provides additional protection to companies using the scheme as opposed to those that do not.
What cards can be accepted through 3D Secure?
As 3D Secure is controlled by Visa and MasterCard the following cards can be used : VISA, VISA DELTA, MASTERCARD, MASTERCARD DEBIT, INTERNATIONAL MAESTRO, UK MAESTRO, LASER, andVISA ELECTRON.